Thursday, August 26, 2010

Ima get my coffee AND my game on!!!

Okay, my friend just sent me a link to this place which will be opening soon in the annex (Bloor and Bathurst). I noticed the sign for Snakes and Lattes when I was in the area for the Toronto After Dark Film Festival, but I didn't see the bit about it being a BOARD GAME CAFE!!!! The web site needs a bit of work - I guess right now they are sticking with Facebook as their preferred method of marketing to the masses - but, they've piqued my curiosity so I'm sure we will check it out some time. If you look through some of the renovation photos, you can see stacks and stacks of board games! Hmm...I hope they won't mind if I just go ahead and post it here...who doesn't love free publicity??!?! I also came across a craigslist posting looking for people who know modern board games whose job it would be to serve customers AND advise them on game rules. Oh, if only I didn't have to worry about paying those bills and that pesky rent every month, I think my resume would be a pretty good match - all those years helping out at my parents' donut shop would FINALLY pay off! Also, I'm pretty much the designated rules-reader when my friends and I try out new games. Perhaps I could work there part-time?

On a slightly related note, this weekend, the Fan Expo will host the Great Canadian Board Game Blitz!!! Since I am a very casual player, I will not be participating in this event, but I think it will be pretty fun to spectate, once in a while (when I'm NOT waiting in line to meet Felicia Day, or trying to win sketch duel art...c'moooooooonnnnn, McNiven *fingers crossed*). Sounds like a pretty grueling competition and one will surely have to be well-versed in a variety of board games in order to do well. Maybe I will even be able to pick up some new gaming strategies? My Dominion strats could use a lot of work...

No comments:

Post a Comment