Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Back to Magic!!

So, here's the deal. Myles has recently (in the past few months) thrown himself into the YouTube Magic: The Gathering trading community. Who knew such a thing existed??!? Basically, you film your binder and post the video on YouTube so that everyone can see what you have for trade. Then you arrange everything over private messaging and mail your cards out to COMPLETE STRANGERS and hope they keep up their end of the bargain!!! Most of them have been honest, and they are patient, understanding and forgiving (one of Myles' envelopes arrived at its destination torn up to bits and pieces, but the cards were fine, so the trader took it very easy on him). He only just now met his first dishonest (d-bag) trader who received Myles' cards then cancelled his YouTube account. I guess his collection is complete? Oh well...if Orrin O. from Montana (his old YouTube name was: LimaBean1211) tries to trade with you, please tell him that MiloDaGreat1 says to go to hell!!! Heh...Myles isn't even that mad - it was only about $10 worth of cards. No biggie...he knew the risks going in.

Myles also saw an opportunity to draw attention to his trades by creating a fun little YouTube show called Milo: The Gathering, where he invites friends over to talk about different aspects of Magic. Check out his channel! It gained popularity pretty quickly among the YouTube traders and I think he may have inspired a few other traders to start their own web series, too!

MiloDaGreat1 on YouTube!!

ANYWAY...enough about Myles. The point is, I can't avoid Magic: The Gathering!!! I am currently addicted to opening packs - it's so fun!! You never know what you're going to get! Just like a box of chocolates...and life?? Weird.

Lately, I've been using my limited (VERY limited) artistic skills to alter the art on crappy, worthless (read: expendable) cards. Every now and then I find a card that I can immediately see how I want to alter. I've done a few now - most are very small - so I thought I would share them...but, not here. I think I will follow in my friend's footsteps and just tumble them.


I gave those wolves some motivation! Plus, I <3 bunnies!!!!

Here I am on Tumblr!!! Everybody's tumblin'...

1 comment:

  1. Fantastic blog post. I've had the chance to see your alters and I think they're great! I'm looking forward to seeing more :) Cheers. -CLL

    ReplyDelete